DAVID BIERNBAUM CONNECTS ALL STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT
David brings and eclectic mix of skills, experiences and existing relationships to the table that will give you the highest opportunity for success. While every company would love to have an award-winning team at their disposal, you can have this caliber of knowledge and experience capital for pennies on the dollar.
David Biernbaum’s experience encompasses:
- Broker management for all retail chains nationwide
- Retailer-specific sales presentations
- Retail appointments and sales meetings
- Assistance with savvy package-design consulting, marketing, promotions, communications and all facets of your CPG business development
- Shrewd planning and execution for trade shows and events: NACDS, ECRM, GMDC, New Vendor Events, etc., being the rain man and mentoring for your team and staff members.
- Day-to-day consulting on all CPG/retail matters
David will help you avoid making the mistakes that can make the difference between success and failure. Here are seven “disconnects” he will help you avoid.
AVOIDING 7 COMMON “DISCONNECTS.”
- Mismanagement of sales reps and brokers by failing to skillfully “manage” everything they do. It is often “fatal” to send a broker alone to “show” your product to a retailer without adequate preparation. You want to send them with a skilled master broker, ensuring you project the complete and comprehensive message you want and need delivered. Also, too many young companies hire a broker here, and a broker there, without mapping out a thoughtful comprehensive coverage plan for every footprint in the nation.
- Incomplete retail presentation without the essential elements of a comprehensive proposal.
- Having poor package design with incorrect markings for the “real world” of retail stores, shelf environment, consumer behavior, gender, target market, etc.
- Being out-finessed by the often overlooked indirect hidden competition.
- Underestimating the true costs and commitments for retail distribution, pricing and promotion.
- Being pressed into an unfavorable deal by a retailer or broker that you will never overcome.
- Having your product hit the shelves without an action plan to drive sufficient velocity. The result: the product is delisted after just a few months… game over!